Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Damaged Hair Emergency!

Hi Lovelies! I recently got highlights and I didn't want my hair to dry out so I changed up my hair-care routine. A while ago, I got samples of John Frieda's Root Awakening shampoo and conditioner. I tried them out and fell in love! So I ended up buying full sizes of both. I bought these a while ago so I think the newer ones have different packaging.

I bought different versions of shampoo and conditioner because my hair is oily and breaks easily. So for shampoo I got Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo for Breakage-Prone Hair and for conditioner I got Root Awakening Health Infusing Conditioner for Normal Hair. They both have a eucalyptus scent, which I love because its soothing and relaxes my mind. The consistency of the shampoo is clear and gel-like. The conditioner is very lightweight. I don't like using conditioners that are too moisturizing and leaves a greasy feeling. When I condition, I only do the bottom half of my hair. I never go all the way up to my roots. This helps add more volume to my hair. The breakage-prone shampoo seems to be working because when I brush my hair, it doesn't break in half as easily now. It just falls out in whole pieces -.- Ahh stress....its turning me bald!! Such a sad reality of growing up. 

I wash my hair every other day to keep some essential oils in my hair. This helps hair grow faster and my hair grows very, very slow. It also doesn't dry out my scalp as much. Then once a week, I do a deep conditioning treatment on my hair. I have been using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Pure Strength Conditioning Treatment. I will shampoo like usual, then apply this treatment to the lower half of my hair and leave in for 15 minutes. I will sometimes do a clay mask before the shower and as I'm waiting in steam for my treatment to soak in, my mask will be done too! On top of that, I will do a body scrub so 3 birds with one stone!! For conditioners and treatments to work more effectively, gently squeeze out the excess water after shampooing, then massage it in. A tip to lose less hair is do not brush your hair in the shower or immediately after. The pores on your scalp is still open from the warm/hot shower and this will cause more hair to fall out than after you get out and the pores close up from the colder air. 

I hope this helps some of you with hair problems! Till next time :)


TOO FACED ONLINE SALE GOING ON NOW TILL VDAY!

Receive a FREE sample of our *NEW* Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skincare Makeup with every order + select an additional sample of your choice!



1 comment:

  1. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.
    TM Performance 91320 Billet Aluminum Brake Cap for Corvette

    ReplyDelete