Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sneekpeeq, HIP Duo, and Dream Bouncy

I joined another shopping deals site! I am getting addicted to these websites that have like 70% off deals, but this one seems just alright so far. It can be linked to your Facebook so you don't have to make an account. If you join today, you can get a free silk scarf! I believe you can just cancel or delete the app right after you "buy" the scarf. Here's a link for ya'll to use! Why not?! It's free with free shipping!! They also have $10 off your first purchase. I saw some Yes To products like the Yes To Cucumbers, Carrots, Blueberries lines for less than $10. I've tried their Yes To Cucumbers soothing facial towelettes, bought from Ulta. They're great for the gym because the package is small and light. It doesn't take off makeup  well but it does feel refreshing and your face is clean afterwards.
I finally fell to temptation and opened my Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in Hot Tamale. It's just so cute!! I'm tempted to buy more. It looked really dark in the packaging, but I've heard that it goes on sheer so I wanted to try a darker shade. I must say I was very nervous about the mousse texture because I've used their Dream Mousse Foundation before and I didn't like it too much, but I love this blush!! You have to blend it well or it does streak and look chunky. I use my finger because brushes don't seem to pick up the product very well. The consistency literally is bouncy...its very soft and airy. I have this blush on in the photo below to show you what it looks like blended in. I think its quite natural looking. If I do it a bit darker, it looks like I just ran a mile :P

This is the eyeshadow I have on in the photo. It's L'Oreal HIP Eyeshadow Duo in 510 Electrified. I learned about this through Jen, FrmHeadtoToe and it looked lovely on her so I've been wanting to try it. Every time I went to Ulta, this specific set was always sold out. Then I finally got my hands on it, but I must say the colors look better on her. I do think it looks pretty in the case. Its a shimmery taupe color and a metallic-based purple plum color. It is not too flattering on me, but still a nice night-time color. The two colors are very pigmented. One or two sweeps are all I need. It comes with a small eyeshadow sponge applicator, which works pretty well, but I use my blending brush for the taupe color as a highlighter. Both colors stay on all day for me without primer and doesn't crease at all. I love the texture, very smooth and doesn't fall all over my face and countertop. Here are the swatches:

Here is my finished look with the eyeshadow duo and bouncy blush :)
On a side note, my boyfriend's mom brought these pineapple cakes (feng li su) back from Taiwan and they are absolutely delicious and adorable! I almost didn't have the heart to eat them, but I can't let them go to waste either. The packaging looks like fancy soap or makeup even!
Till next time :)

6 comments:

  1. your skin looks so radiant and you look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! that means a lot to me cause I use to have horrible skin. I still have a lot of acne scars but they're been slowly getting lighter -.-

      Delete
  2. Love your makeup. You are gorgeous.
    I love pineapple cakes too. I always pick up a few when I shop at Asian supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i'm still learning...its hard!! i'm still not good at blending colors haha yes they're soo good!!

      Delete
  3. Love your golden smoky eyes and you have such beautiful smile!!! :D

    ReplyDelete