Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

NYC Fashion Haul: H and M

On a humid rainy day, what better way to avoid the rain than to go shopping inside a big store. That's exactly what I did at H and M. I've noticed that styles in these stores are slightly different when you shop in a different region. I like the fashion in the SoHo district in NY so I had to stop by this store. I bought some summer outfits for the oncoming heat.
The first set is patterns. I bought a sheer leopard button-up top. It has fold up long sleeves and its slightly longer in the back than the front. Its just long enough for me to tuck in my high wast shorts. I love the color of this leopard print, its not too dark and overbearing for a casual day outing. The other pattern top I bought is a sheer blue-green tunic. Its something I can wear over a bathing suit at the beach or over a white tank top slip as a dress with some stockings. I ventured out of my typical comfort zone with patterns on this one but I wanted to try something new and this is a start. It has a drawstring in the middle and little gold ends on the string.
The 2nd set is white tops. I got a white, stretchy sheer button-up long sleeves. What I love about this top is the cut on the bottom. Its split and cut so you can actually tie the ends in the front and tuck in the back because its longer in the back. I'll have to do an OOTD to show ya'll. I can wear it with a tank top and skinny jeans or over a bright colored dress. The tank top is just an essential sheer white tank, very basic and easy to throw some accessories on. It'll be good with a pair of blue jean shorts or colored skinny jeans.
The 3rd set is fun colors. The bright yellow dress is definitely something I wanted for the summer. I wanna pair it with a coral woven belt instead of the sash it came with. The material is sheer but the underlining is actually pretty think. Its not see-through at all. The color is just so inviting and sunny. The teal shorts are a flowy and light material. It sits right on my hips and the loose feel makes my thighs look a lot smaller than they are. I'm thinking of color blocking with these shorts or pairing it with a neutral top and heels for a casual date.

As I wear these pieces in my OOTD, I will update again with pictures!

Till next time :)

1 comment:

  1. A NY blogger !! Check out my blog please?
    www.thisishearts.blogspot.com , it would mean so much =].

    Love your blog btw

    ReplyDelete